under the philosophers' stones


in a black zip hoodie

peppermint trumps bubblegum & takes the nxt

ferris wheel to heaven.
                       (i hear you clucking your tongue from
                        way up there in your poet-tree)
 
angel in the sand. satan
in snowshoes. hand in hand.
right there under your arm.                    shrugging off a river
                                                              shruggin into a photograph
of girls in bikinis & blue satin sashes
swaying their asses & batting eyelashes
 
at all the philosophers
sitting around & scratching their stones,
peeking up the virgin's robe
at the ascension,                       where they spy

walmart shoppers & those
control-top panty-hose fading into phosphorescent
 
legs & nuclear arms shrugging into cardigan sweaters
(i'd shrug, but you've got the shoulders)
 
so here's to orchids without orgasms.
yeah, here's to living
 
exceptionally long shelf-lives
where none of the gynoholics in the penis club
                                 are ever gonna menstruate
& all the angels in the snow won't
                                 ever make this apple tree fly



5 comments:

.deranged gem. said...

oooooooh. lovely. truly.
esp. girls in bikinis..... terrific.

DJH said...

"penis club" makes me think of the hair club for men: "Not only am I the president, I'm also a ..."
sry. nm. (shudder)

DJH said...

I really like this poem, and it deserves better than irrelevant TV references from me--sry, it's a dis-ease. I esp like "shelf-lives" and "shrugging-sashes-asses, eyelashes." More irrelevance: I once met a person named Shelfy.

Rob Budde said...

"gynoholics"!! hoo hoo!

Bebe Sanscullottes said...

i read the eyelashes line out loud because i liked the way it felt.

x